Welcome to the Goldfields-Esperance Development Commission
The Goldfields-Esperance Development Commission (GEDC) is a West Australian Government agency committed to encouraging and promoting economic and social activity in the Goldfields-Esperance region of Western Australia. The GEDC is one of nine Regional Development Commissions, which were established under the Regional Development Commissions Act (1993).
We create opportunities to build a vibrant, sustainable future for our region.
Retain and attract population, and increase economic development opportunities in the region.
Objectives of a Development Commission
- Maximise job creation and improve career opportunities in the Region;
- Develop and broaden the economic base of the Region;
- Identify infrastructure services to promote business development within the Region;
- Provide information and advice to promote business development within the Region;
- Seek to ensure that the general standard of government services and access to those services in the Region is comparable to that which applies in the metropolitan area;
- Generally take steps to encourage, promote, facilitate and monitor the economic development in the Region.