What is the Goldfields-Esperance Revitalisation Fund?
The Goldfields-Esperance Revitalisation (GER) fund is a $198 million (from 2013-14 to 2018-19) Royalties for Regions initiative that invests in priority projects to enable economic and social development in the region. The fund is administered by the Goldfields-Esperance Development Commission and the Department of Regional Development.
The GER is intended to assist in building the social and infrastructure platform for economic development and drive growth and new investment in the Goldfields-Esperance Region.
What projects been funded from the Goldfields Esperance Revitalisation?
A number of projects have received GER funding since its inception and the remaining funds are now available for allocation to priority projects in the Goldfields-Esperance region as part of the second tranche of funding which is currently under consideration. The following projects have received funding/approval to date:
- Laverton Community Hub ($8M)
- Norseman Airstrip Upgrade ($1.45M)
- Esperance Aged Care Facility ($3M)
- Killarney Retirement Living ($9.8M)
- Kalgoorlie Central Hannan Precinct ($8M)
- Goldfields Rehabilitation Services ($2.7M)
- Hopetoun Community Centre ($2M)
- Northern Goldfields Regional Office and Administration Centre ($4.6M)
- Golden Mile Loopline Railway ($3.7M)
- Ray Finlayson Sporting Complex ($6M)
- Kalgoorlie Boulder Community High School ($45M)
- Goldfields Arts Centre ($6.2M)
- Great Eastern Highway overtaking lanes ($36M)
- Esperance Indoor Sports Stadium Redevelopment ($4.06M)
- Norseman Cultural, Visitor and Community Precinct ($1.6M)
- Coolgardie Post Office and Associated Buildings Reinstatement Program ($3.16)
- South Regional Tafe - Esperance New Campus ($10M)
- Independent LiVing Village - Leonora (9.2M)