Regional New Industries Fund
The State Government’s Regional New Industries Fund will allocate $4.5 million across the nine regions of Western Australia to catalyse WA's competitiveness by building entrepreneurial and innovation capabilities and trade linkages in the regions. It will support and accelerate new and growth orientated business to create sustainable regional economies that generate new jobs and industries The program comprises of two allocations: a Regional Stream and a State Network Stream.
The Regional Stream will seed local initiatives that build a communities innovation pipeline and drive long term impact. Up to $300,000 is available to each region.
State Network Stream
The State Network Stream will fund projects that increase connectivity and build capability across regions, the state and to international markets. In particular, the stream priorities initiatives that enable technology development, service innovation and market access.
The types of initiatives that could be supported under the RNIF include (but not limited to):
- cluster development /co-operatives
- incubator/accelerator programs
- industry value chain analysis/business linkages
- export and trade initiatives
- smart specialisation/R&D partnerships
- entrepreneurial events (pitches, showcases, hackathons)
- innovation programs (entrepreneur in residence, expert in residence, fellowships commercialisation programs)
- economic gardening/business development programs that focus on scaling-up existing established businesses
- inclusive/disadvantaged programs/projects
- business environment reform
Any regionally-based organisation or individual interested in innovation and business development is encouraged to register to their interest with us by contacting (08) 9080 5000 or completing the online 'Expression Of Interest' Form
You can also join the conversation #WAinnovation.
Applications open: 3 October 2018
Applications may be made at any time, there is currently no set closing date.
From October 2018, Regional New Industries Fund applications will be processed via SmartyGrants
, an independent, online grant processing portal. For more information on how applications will be evaluated, please download the Guidelines
and Frequently Asked Questions
For more information or to apply, visit the Regional New Industries Fund website