Connecting our people with LOCAL opportunities
The Goldfields-Esperance Development Commission (GEDC) has a strong commitment to diversifying the region's economic base, growth of business and entrepreneurship, retaining, attracting and developing skilled people, and maximising local jobs.
Through the State Government's Plan for Jobs and Maximizing Local Content initiative, the GEDC will develop, promote and maximise opportunities for local suppliers, contractors and jobseekers in the regions by connecting to relevant government, industry, businesses, Aboriginal Corporations, employment and training stakeholders.
Your Local Content Officer aims to:
- Increase regional businesses' knowledge, skills and capability to capture regional opportunities as per the Building Local Industry Policy.
- Increase the portion of State Government and Industry contracts secured by regional contractors and businesses.
- Provide regional perspectives to support decision making for the awarding of State Government contracts.
- Maximise regional supplied and subcontracting arrangements and outcomes through Industry Participation Plans.
- Engage with lead contractors and suppliers to promote maximum local jobseeker participation.
- Monitor the performance of contracts and report best practice and instances where Buy Local Policy or intent has been overlooked.
Most Local Governments in the GEDC region use an electronic procurement and tendering website called Tenderlink. To use this system and to access the tenders, suppliers must register with Tenderlink.
Please visit the Local Government's websites to view current local tenders:
Tenders WA is the central online source of information on Western Australian public sector tenders and awarded contracts.
Please vist the Tenders WA portal to view current tenders for our Region:
To be ready for future tenders, scroll through the Early Tender Advice (ETA) list below:
Early Tender Advice
Register as a new supplier
AusTender provides a database of Australian Government business opportunities, annual procurement plans, multi-use lists and contracts awarded.
Find out more on the AusTender website:
Our Region includes nine different local governments
, offering government positions in a variety of different industries and roles.
Please visit the local government's website to view employment opportunities in your area:
There are more than 100 departments and agencies in the Western Australian public sector, ranging in size from just a few people in a single office to thousands of employees across the state. You can access these job vacancies through the WA Jobs portal:
(Australian Public Service) website offers access to current vacancies available in the APS, the Parliamentary Serivce and many other Australian Government agencies. APSjobs pulishes vacnacies every weekday, in a range of job categories, from entry level positions through to senior leadership roles.
The website also enables you to set up an 'Email Me Jobs' function, setting up your job search criteria to receive an email with details of your first 50 job advertisements that matches your search.
For more information on Local Content or on how your business can be supported through this initiative: